Mothernode Release Notes
Date: April 4, 2015
April 2015 – Release (2015-1A-0404)
Mothernode customers should take note of the following important changes and updates now available in their Mothernode account. As always, we encourage users to read the release notes. This release contains new features, enhancements, workflow changes and bug fixes.
THIS RELEASE CONTAINS SIGNIFICANT WORKFLOW AND INTERFACE CHANGES TO MOTHERNODE CRM AND ERP PRODUCTS. USERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO READ THESE RELEASE NOTES AND FAMILIARIZE THEMSELVES WITH THESE UPDATES. Mothernode USERS SHOULD TAKE NOTE: SOME PRINTING ENHANCEMENTS ARE NOT AVAILABLE IN THIS RELEASE AND WILL BE AVAILABLE LATER IN 2015 AFTER TRANSACTION PDFS ARE UPDATED.
This update is the first in the series of ongoing interface changes gradually being introduced over the next several releases.
User Avatars have been added to quickly identify record ownership in listing screens. This was also done to conserve column spacing when displaying the sales rep’s name.
A new quick follow-up feature has been added to all Event Panes to quickly set follow-up dates without having to access the calendar light window to setup the appointment. Admins can assign follow-up intervals in Administration>Configure Value Lists>Leads and Opportunities>Follow-up
Email Notifications now have a cleaner, easy to read format to communicate record updates and calendar invites via email.
- Conversations and posted replies are now included in email notifications.
- Record types are indicated with a Letter Block for quick reference
- User Avatars have been added to email notifications.
Panel updates have now been added to coincide with realtime notifications so users can be immediately notified of new activity without needing to review new items in the notification tab. These panel updates will appear in the bottom right corner of the browser window, when available.
Menu bar notifications have been replaced with a new notification sidebar that has can be revealed and hidden by hovering over the notification icon at the to right of the screen. This new sidebar includes a restructured look and makes more recent notifications readily available to users. Users can also mark notifications as ‘read’.
Leads and Opportunities
The following updates are available in Leads and Opportunity records.
- Record Identifiers have been added to leads and ops; L for Lead and O for Opportunity, this replaced the record type column to conserve spacing in the list.
- Sales Rep Avatars have been added to Leads and Opportunities listing screen to quickly identify record owners.
- The priority field (formerly low, normal, and high) has been replaced with a 5 star rating system to grade the lead. Existing leads that were Low priority will now = 1 star, Normal Priority = 3 stars, and High Priority = 5 stars.
- Opportunity header now expands and collapses to reveal secondary information.
- Next Follow-up was added to the listing screen.
- Last Event date was added to the listing screen.
- Buying Stage was removed from the listing screen.
- A new report was added to the Leads and Opportunities that includes the notes from the most recent event, to help quickly determine what the last and/or latest activity was with the record.
- The primary contact in the record is now visible in the Leads and Opportunities listing screen. You can also click on the contact’s name to send them an email using Mothernode’s internal email system.
- Primary lead and opportunity contact has been added to the listing screen. You can email them by clicking their name.
- Date range filters have been added to the Sales Management dashboards.
Mothernode users should take note of the following significant updates to invoices.
- Users can now apply discounts to the Invoice in the header. This will be a global discount applied to all line items and can be used to accommodate early incentive payments.
- Payment Status and payments applied have been added to the invoice lists.
- Users can now apply payment to an invoice directly from the list.
- Users can edit invoice records and apply updates and corrections directly from within the record. Note the following exceptions:
- You cannot edit invoices that have been exported to Quickbooks, Dynamics or other accounting software.
- You cannot edit invoices that have payments applied to them.
The following adjustments have been made to transactions, such as Quotes, Orders, Invoices, etc.
- Users can now toggle subitem printing on an off for all sub items at once.
- New printing options allow users to print subitem quantities and totals, but will still group the subitems under the same parent line item and group the totals.
For customers that ship, an option to include shipping totals on Quotes, Orders and Invoices is now available. This is a setting that must be activated in the Default Settings screen (Administrator>Default Settings). Shipping line items and subitems will still appear in transactions, but their totals can be summarized in the transactions, and displayed above the sub totals.
Importing Advanced Options
New options for importing records have been included to improve workflow. When importing leads and opportunities users should note the following.
- If you are connect with Infusionsoft, Mail Chimp, Constant Contact or HubSpot, you can add importing contacts directly to your marketing campaigns upon import.
- You can automatically apply smart tasks to imported records.
Misc. minor enhancements and bug fixes.
The Mothernode Team