When working with transactions, such as quotes, orders, and purchase orders, Mothernode offers a variety of ways to add your goods and services to line items. It’s one of the few CRMs that has a built-in Inventory Management module, that’s available in Mothernode’s premium CRM plans. Mothernode customers can stock and track physical inventory or use the inventory module as a placeholder to store virtual inventory (non-stock items).
Advantages of using Inventory
There are a few key advantages to using inventory that will expedite your pricing and fulfillment workflow.
- You can create bundles that allow you to simultaneously add multiple items commonly sold together
- Inventory items can have multiple pricing tiers for different types of customers. This is automatically triggered by the customer’s pricing level
- You can set up your inventory with related categories to quickly add commonly sold items (or upsells) on the fly
- You can easily update pricing in Excel and re-import
- You can assign inventory items to customers
- You can assign inventory items to vendors
- You can easily create purchase orders for one or more inventory items, directly from the inventory module
When using a Mothernode CRM edition that includes Inventory, you can add your Inventory Line Items to Quotes, Orders, Work Orders and Purchase Orders. This is done in each of the modules’ respective Entry Tabs (Quote Entry, Order Entry, etc.)
1. In the transaction you are working on go to the Entry Tab
2. Click the Add Item button and then from the list, click Add Inventory
3. In the Add Inventory Window, search for the inventory item you want to add. This is an autocomplete field
4. Add the quantity of the inventory item you would like to add and then click Save + Close to complete the process or Save + Add to add another inventory item
Tutorial: Adding Inventory
For a more comprehensive review on how to add and use Inventory in your Mothernode CRM transactions, watch this tutorial.